White Bean Chicken Chili
This recipe is perfect to keep you warm with the cold weather! It’s perfect for those lazy days so you can just scoop and devour or pack it up for a gathering with friends and family. Once you have tasted this chili, you’ll be coming back for seconds!
Yield: 4 Servings
1 1/4lb Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 Cups Corn
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Cup Roasted Green Chilies
3 Jalapeno Peppers
2 1/2 White Beans
1 1/2 Cups Yellow Onion
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Cumin
- Line a small baking sheet with foil. Turn on broil setting on the oven. Evenly space out the three jalapeños on the sheet tray. Place sheet tray on the highest rack in the oven. Roast the jalapeños until the skins brown and blister, turning over as needed to get all the sides roasted, about 15 minutes. Place the roasted chili’s in a small bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the chilies to come to room temperature; the trapped heat will make the skins easier to peel. Once cooled, remove the skin and stems. If you like a very spicy chili, leave the seeds, for a milder chili remove the seeds and discard. Set the jalapeños aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add olive oil, diced onions, minced garlic, and cumin. Stir to combine. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and cook another 2 minutes until onions are tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken breasts, ½ cup of the roasted chilies, corn, 1 cup of the white beans, ½ cup chicken stock to the slow cooker. In a blender, puree ½ cup roasted green chilies, roasted jalapeños, 1 cup beans, and ½ cup chicken stock until smooth, 45 seconds. Add to slower cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred or cut into cubes. Add back to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Taste chili and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Serve chili with toppings as desired.
Tag us on Facebook or Instagram if you make this delicious recipe!