Balsamic Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
This is a delicious side dish for any Fall meal! You can get this recipe and so many more sent straight to your inbox when you sign up to receive a Nutri-Fit Meal Plan. Your lifestyle change starts with us!
1 (4-oz.) package of Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Sweet Cherries
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Pounds Carrots
1 1/2 pounds Parsnips
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
Yield: 10 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 400. Toss together first 5 ingredients and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small bowl.
2. Cut carrots and parsnips lengthwise into long, thin strips.
3. Whisk together light brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 3 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large bowl. Toss with carrots and parsnips, and place on a lightly greased 15 x 10- inch jelly-roll pan.
4. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and ground pepper. Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving platter, and gently toss with feta cheese mixture.
If you make these at home, take a picture and tag Nutri-Fit on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.